2008 is about to become history. As of tomorrow, everyone will refer to it as "last year" and it will officially become the past.
I have always been one to reflect on the past and look ahead into the future-it's a challenge for me to take advantage of the present. But 2008 has really taught me to live in the moment and that is the greatest lesson I will take forward with me into this new year.
As most of you are probably doing, I want to make note of some memorable moments from this past year. I don't intend to categorize them as positives and negatives, because each thing that took place in my life this year, got me to this moment and will carry me forward.
- We started off the year with reconnecting through couples counseling
- We put hope into Chilly and Willy during our FET cycle
- I was able to connect to more wonderful people by blogging for REDBOOK Infertility Diaries
- I submitted my first entry to the International Infertility Film Festival
- We made the decision to try IVF for the 2nd time
- Braces Bunch added a 2nd generation of bloggers
- I celebrated a year of blogging and 100 posts
- We put hope into Harry, Ron and Hermione during IVF #2
- We were overcome with joy and hope when we found out IVF # 2 had worked--and Ron was officially in the Uterus of Gryffindor
- I learned to sit still with God and treasure each day as I spent 9 weeks on bed rest
- We learned that Ron was truly a Ron!
- We reached many personal goals: 13 weeks, 20 weeks, 24 weeks, and it continues...
- I stayed connected with and met new bloggers: all of you inside my computer are a treasured friend, and I am so thankful for the continued support given in this community
I've been a bit quiet as the year has come to an end...mostly because I got to spend 5 wonderful days with Mook being home for the holidays. With his work schedule, we don't get a lot of time together during this time of year, but it meant a lot that he was able to take some time off-he knew how hard it was for me that we couldn't be with my family this year. Thank you to each of you who sent little reminders that you'd be thinking of us on Christmas--we sent those warm thoughts right back! (I'm still enjoying the yummy fudge that Delenn suggested we make--her Grammie's fudge is truly delicioso!)
The other not-so-happy reason is I was back in the hospital on the 28th. For most of the day, I had quite a few BH contractions, and as the night settled in I experienced shortness of breath and shooting pains on the lower part of my stomach. I tried to remain calm--there was no bleeding, so I called the triage nurse, but after a review of my symptoms along with the previa, she told me to go in ASAP.
Thank goodness the pattern continues: Ron's doing well, my body just wants to pitch a fit. They did catch quite a few contractions on the monitor, and since the pain continued they decided to do an u/s. I was in so much pain, I didn't really get a good look at the monitor--but Mook said little man was doing well. He is breech, but that doesn't mean much in our case--but Im wondering if his little feet were pressing on a nerve. The best news was that my cervix was fine-frustrating news is that they aren't really sure what caused the episode. I hated that I couldnt wait to just be seen by my doctor (which was yesterday) but I'm thankful for good health care!
The appt yesterday: I have been given procardia that I need to take if Im having more than 3 BH in a short span (20 min or so) and it looks like bed rest is in the very near future. I will still go back next week for my weekly check in, and then on the 12th he will do another u/s and we will most likely have a c-section date after that appointment. So I continue to be thankful for the constant reminder that Ron is OK (I dont know when this kid sleeps!) and just pray that I can keep him "cooking" as long as possible!
So as 2009 approaches, I do bid a "fond" farewell to 2008: it brought us many blessings and in the midst of the hard times I grew in faith and had the best friendships in the world to fall back on in this community.
May 2009 be mighty fine!