27 weeks today. The big milestone according to the baby growth sites is: Ron can now blink his eyes. One site says I am in the third trimester today, but most of the others say it's next week...either way: holy crap.
Not too much to report--just wanted to check in and post some things for the record.
- We went to our 3rd baby/child class last night--it's not the best thing in the world-but I can tell it's helped Mook (and probably the other gentleman too) understand a bit more about the birthing process. There are 2 women in the class that are the "needy" ones...I mean, I consider myself needy when I want questions answered about what is going on with Ron..but these two are over the top--they are always making us go over the class time (which is already 2 hours) and for some reason they just annoy the crap out of me. Ehh, blame it on hormones. I still have this itch to ask the teacher to talk about fertility treatments, because I just have this feeling that some of the other couples in the class have been through IF as well.
- Our Turkey Day holiday was nice--not as overwhelming as I thought it might be. We were in the car quite a bit, so that meant frequent pit-stops. The down-side to the holiday's for us was having my whole family, plus some extended family get incredibly sick Saturday afternoon/evening--Mook and I made the decision to Lysol everything, get in the car and go home--I hated leaving like that, but it came on so fast, and so fierce that I was scared to not be near my doctor if need be. I'm still praying we stay healthy.
- December 9th is approaching...I've been anxious about this appt for 10 weeks! I just wish I could force the worry out...but it's hard. Sometimes I find myself saying "OK, well if I still have the previa, I can schedule the c-section, and not worry about going through labor." I know that may sound strange to some--but because I am such a CONTROL freak-the whole "what if I am in labor?" and the act of laboring makes me nuts--because I have no control over it. But of course on the other hand, I want so much for the previa not to be an issue for many reasons. My diabetes test is also that day, so I'm really praying I don't get socked with multiple whammies.
- Work: after next week's appointment, I'm really going to have to buckle down and figure out what I am going to do. It's really starting to weigh on me when my boss and coworker are planning for me to be a major part of an event in late March...ummm, hello. I know I need to be very careful about my decision and plans, especially with the economy and having the blessing of a job at all right now. But I also don't want to make the wrong decisions based on financial fear.
- And a few things the pregnancy books don't tell you: how to properly get out of bed. I have the hardest time at night during my hourly bathroom visits--I've laughed at myself a few times. And why can't the books diagnosis every cramp/twinge I have? All it makes me think is: pre-term labor-gasp! And lastly, please tell me why my bra straps keep falling off--I have not had to increase in cup size yet, but have gotten those bra extender thingys--but even with those, I am constantly tugging up my straps all day long. It seriously might drive me insane.
- If one more person tells me: "Oh, you shouldn't be cold this time of year--you're pregnant!" I will burst. Well I AM COLD! I have such a hard time getting warm (partly due to my low blood pressure) and I'm miserable when I'm so cold. Those nightly showers and milkshakes are becoming a must, not an option (ok, I promise I dont have a milkshake every night) Please pardon the whining...just don't mess with me when I'm cold!