Today is your one month birthday-and ironically my original due date!
From the moment the doctor showed me your precious face, just seconds after you came out of my tummy, I felt love in a whole new way. It's an amazing feeling to feel an emotion like that. I imagine you will go through a phase of your life where you will get tired of me telling you how much I love you, but I won't ever grow tired of telling you.
It is true what people will tell you: time does fly when you are having fun. I am still amazed and in awe of you each time I look at you-almost as if I can't believe you are really mine. But I'm so thankful that you are. God truly had a plan in creating you-and we look forward to sharing how much you were loved before you were even born.
You've already been given several nicknames-Juice, Pooter, Squeaker, Lil' Man, Bright Eyes...and Im sure these are only the beginning of the list. But you definitely fit your real name: you are such a peaceful baby. Yes, you have your moments, but you truly have a serene nature-you are content to just stare at the new world around you. I would love to know what you are thinking when you furrow your eye brows--which you do a lot. It seems like this could indicate a "serious" personality, but I think you are just thinking really hard=)
You have my eyes: no question about that. Not sure what color they will be yet. I see so much of your daddy in you--those cute facial expressions, and your cute button nose.
Your dad and I could really stare at you for hours. In fact, I have lost track of time on many occasions while we are cuddling. Watching your eyes move, your mouth form this cute little "o-shape" when you are hungry, and hearing you coo and squeak is priceless. You make this cute little sucking noise when I am burping you when you haven't quite realized you don't have the bottle in your mouth anymore! When you are really hungry, your daddy teases you by making you think his nose is a bottle--mean daddy! Speaking of your dad, he sings a song to you that goes like this: "I like da zipper, I like da zipper" He is not a fan of your button up outfits, so he makes sure you know how much he likes your zipper outfits! You and I usually take a mid morning nap together, and then have tummy cuddle time in the evening while we are watching TV with daddy. I wonder if you enjoy hearing the sound of my heart beat--you did hear it for a long time!
You've had a lot of "firsts" in your first month of life:
- Got to meet your grandparents, aunt, uncles and special friends
- Watched and cheered for your parents favorite ACC basketball teams-I am thrilled you felt this way about Duke. You MUST be a Wake fan!
- Saw your very first snow! The biggest snow we've had in this part of our corner of the world in almost 9 years--although you won't remember it, we made sure to document it for you--and you even got your own little snow ball--you weren't a fan of holding it though.
- A trip to see your Aunt C--our first big outing--and it made mommy realize how much extra time it takes to leave the house!
- We take a daily picture (most days--some days the lack of sleep makes me forgetful!) so that we can see how you are growing!
- You have a really cool and special set of Godparents--we are so thankful they are our friends
- Today at the doctor you weighed 8 lbs 7 oz and you were 20 1/2 inches long: great progress!
- When you get to eat: Im so proud and thankful for your willingness to adjust. Thank goodness you aren't a picky eater like me!
- When you get to sleep: and stretch when you wake up--your arms go up to your head, and your face squishes up-so cute
- Peeing when you don't have a diaper on
- Being on your tummy--especially when you are on mommy or daddy's chest
- Sunbathing: we've put you in the kitchen window to get natural light to help get rid of your jaundice, and you love the warmth
- Car rides: puts you right to sleep
- Making noises that are so incredibly cute-sometimes we swear you are laughing!
- Being cold
- Bath time
- Being nakey