Monday, May 31, 2010

Thank You



It was really hot the day I took this picture--a late summer heat lingering in September of '07. Like, really hot. I am sweating just thinking about it...

As Mook and I made our way through Arlington National Cemetery to watch the changing of the guard, I clicked through the pictures on my camera I had taken over the weekend. This being the last on the rotation--since we had just made our way through this part of the cemetery.

I love the way the sun is coming through the trees--and although the sun was blazing, all I saw was a peaceful shade over these graves.

-------------------------

I imagine the heat we felt that day, doesn't even come close to what our soldier's have felt in some of the worst conditions. I whine when my AC isn't working, and I take for granted that I can go into my kitchen right now and pour a glass of ice-make-your-brain-freeze-water. 
Thank you to every single service man and woman, past, present and future, for defending our freedom and serving our country.

6 comments:

  1. Great shot and such a nice tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that picture! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures!!

    I thank them as well. I can't imagine the conditions our soldiers have gone through to protect me, someone they don't even know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, JJ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that pic and your beautiful words just made me Cry...Love it. Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing like a good pair of jeans; they shape us, support us and make us look our best. I'd love for you to share your jeans with me!