And then we had one small conversation over dinner last night that changed everything.
I casually mentioned that I'd like to get a new shower curtain for our guest bathroom, that is also O-man's bathroom. I wasn't ready to make it completely "kid" themed, but that it needed an update. No big deal, one purchase at Target and we'd be home and lounging in front of the TV.
Well we made that purchase. Got a few other little things, and did go home and veg in front of the TV and we were asleep by 10:30, and even slept in this morning--go us!
But since we got up?
The new shower curtain has been hung...but we've also done a few other things:
- converted the crib to a toddler bed
- hung black-out curtains in Omans room
- removed a piece of furniture from his room and moved it into another room
- redecorated guest bathroom
- posted items on craigslist that we no longer need
- drawing up plans to turn current "home office" into a play room
- moving said "home office" to a more condensed space
- removed frames, and hug new ones with plans for other decorative changes
- set up a reading/play tent in O-man's room
- re-distributed items in O-man's room to be more toddler friendly
- scrubbed both bathrooms
I consider myself a fair "boss" (heh heh) so I gave him a break...but he only gave me time to add more to my list.
And after all that? He's still taking me to dinner later. Wonder what conversation we'll have this time...