The bed was quietly made, showers were taken, a look in at our sleeping O-man, and then Mook and I headed out for the hospital.
We checked in at 5am for his looooong awaited stomach surgery, and while I sat quietly and refrained from talking much (how I deal when Im nervous/anxious), Mook was busy chattering and making jokes with the nurse (how he deals when he’s nervous/anxious)
The only possession he was allowed to take into surgery with him was a picture he took of me and O-man last night – and the sweet kiss that we shared before he was wheeled into the holding room, was one I’ll remember for a long time.
Just remind me of that sweet memory next week when I am complaining about my whiny/needy patient – hah!
So while I wait in the crowded waiting room while Mook goes through a 5 hour surgery, I’m thankful for the distraction of WiFi and my fabulous friends. I’ve asked my twitter peeps to help keep me distracted by doing a fun Q&A with me today.
——> Q&A Session <—–
Here we go@Seussgirl asked:
- Favorite color M&M? : The tan ones that are no longer in the standard bag — they were discontinued right before the blue M&M was introduced.
- Favorite vacation? My honeymoon to Cabo San Lucas – 2 weeks of bliss
- Favorite date with Mook? To a little Mexican restaurant our last week of college – loved every moment of that evening.
- How many states have you visited? Ok, Ms. Alison, you definitely gave me a good distraction – was that planned?! I had to pull up a map and count. And the answer is: 24 — and I’d like to add Nebraska to that number
- What is your favorite coffee and what’s your favorite coffee flavoring? I was previously in love with Starbucks. Then a Dunkin’ Donuts opened down the street, and I was hooked. I don’t use any flavoring: just steamed skim milk and 2 Splendas
- Could you investigate great ideas for Christmas presents? For husband and sisters-in-law. I’ve
leaned heavily on sites like Etsy for personal gifts that revolve
around something the person I am buying for likes OR that has a special
meaning between me and the recipient. Hope that helps?
- Do you have an iPad? How can I justify the purchase for my own Christmas present? No
– but honey, you and I are on the SAME page. I need to figure out a way
to gift myself one too. Here’s an idea. You buy one for me, I buy one
for you. Solved!
- I always like seeing people’s days…your schedule on a typical day. What helps you be productive? You must have read my mind – Im doing a post soon of an hour by hour day in my life! Stay tuned…
- Wheres the best place you’ve ever been on vacation and why? Ill
change up my answer a bit from the one I gave @Alison1L. Other than my
honeymoon, Id have to say the Outer Banks with my family each summer – I
love the tradition of it, and its a beautiful place
- How do you reduce stress? Sing, walk with some jammin’ tunes on my iPod, clean something
- Do you swear? Hell yes. I need to work on this…
- If you could have any job, what would it be? Feel blessed to be a mom — hardest, best job ever.
- What was your first car? 1988 Ford Marquis — a beast!
- Were you popular in high school? I had friends in each click. I was a floater.
- Do you like thunderstorms? Love them – except in the middle of the night
- Is the glass half empty or half full? Doesn’t matter – Im bound to spill it.
- What type of music do you dislike most? Can I just name a band? I like a little bit of everything, but I am not in any way shape or form a fan of Nickelback.
- Are you a risk taker? Yes
- What is your bedtime? Usually 11 or later. Another thing I need to work on…
- Can you handle the truth? Id rather have the truth, even though I may not always be able to handle it.
- How do you adjust to life after deciding you AREN’T going to try for a baby anymore after spending years obsessing over it? It
took me a LONG time to come to terms with not only our infertility
journey, but what we would do if we never had kids, and now what we will
do for future children–if any. I have no doubt the adjustment period
has no set time limit: you may be fine for a year straight, and then get
blindsided by emotions. I do have blog friends who are living child
free and would be more than happy to put you in touch with them if you
are interested. ((big hugs)). None of this is easy.
- This is my go-to nonsense
question: If your hand suddenly turned into a donut what would you do?
Would you nibble on it at all? Would you wrap it in saran wrap and try
to preserve it? This truly made me
LOL in the waiting room — what a fun question — and one I really had to
think about! Because, um, I LOVE donuts. Id have good intentions and
wrap it up, but there’s no doubt in my mind Id end up nibbling.
- What weird habits do you have? How much time do you have to read them is the question?
I can’t have an odd number of e-mails in my inbox, I have to sleep on
the side of the bed closest to the bathroom, I think numbers have
male/female genders–i.e. #1 is male, #4 is female, etc. — I think this
is from watching Sesame Street.
- Favorite all time date with Mook and why? I
mentioned a mexican meal dinner date in response to another similar
question — so my other favorite date was when he and I were in NYC
together last year — we had just left a show, and were walking back to
the hotel looking at all the holiday decorations and it started to snow.
Incredibly romantic and we enjoyed every second.
- She asked me to share my Jersey Shore name and why:
Bubbles. My Jersey Shore name was given to me during O-man’s 1st
birthday party weekend. I’m an accident waiting to happen (I sliced my
finger with a knife that weekend) so they all told me I needed to live
in a bubble. Hence, Bubbles. I can fist pump with the best of ‘em, yo!
- How about if you research all the new fall shows for us and tell us which ones look good? Oh
man, I foam at the mouth during fall TV season — all the new premier
and my favorites coming back! I have to be honest, I don’t know too much
about the new shows coming out — the one I am looking forward to is: New Girl on Fox. And Im looking forward to NCIS:LA to return.
*Update* Surgery went well — some small issues during the procedure, but he had a great surgeon team. Long/painful recovery ahead, but we’re both thankful to be on the other side of this and begin the healing process!