Monday, May 30, 2011

Recipe Box: Peach or Cherry Pie

*you can see the original post here and the 2nd recipe here*

 



 I love the project that Calliope has been working on to share some recipes from the rolodex of her lovely grandmother, Millie. With her permission to share something similar, I'm going to open a treasured wooden box and pull out a few family recipes from our household. 







The last family recipe that I will share is in honor of some recent reasons to celebrate: a college graduation, blowing out 31 candles on my cake, my sister's birthday, a few wedding anniversaries, new babies --and goodness knows its nice to celebrate after the dramaz this year!


Peach or Cherry Pie:

Directions:

Melt 1 stick of butter in casserole dish. Then mix to a batter the following: 

1 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup mil
Pinch of salt
Pour this batter over butter, do not stir
Add can of peaches or cherries or fresh peaches
Bake 30 minutes at 350

6 comments:

  1. That sounds good and much easier than making regular crust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!!! Very similar to my peach cobbler.

    Hope you enjoyed your pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious - can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm! Looks yummy! I do have a bag of peaches in the freezer that we need to use for something good. This may be it! Thanks for sharing and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to try this one! yummo!

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing like a good pair of jeans; they shape us, support us and make us look our best. I'd love for you to share your jeans with me!