I've had so many smiles reading comments from the de-lurkers, and the drop-ins to say "hi"--thank you so much! I am looking forward to following back to some new blogs and checking in with everyone (which I'm headed to do after this post...)--and even the annon comments: JP, I was so glad you said hello--keep dropping by!
As you read in the last post, I've been crossing things off my list--and since I have an unfinished list from May of last year (Nifty Fifty) I've been working on completing the list--and it's done! Enjoy the rest of "100 random things about me" as I go immerse myself in blog reading with my hot chocolate. If you read through the list, you'll find out exactly how I like my hot chocolate...
Update-post on how things are going with Ron and the Uterus of Gryffindor early next week...
51. I love, love, love Big League Chew (the gum)--especially the original flavor
52. I love getting personalized holiday cards, BUT (and this is a big but) I enjoy seeing the people I know--NOT just the kid(s) or pets. I want to see my friends, too! It's a really big pet peeve!
53. I rarely paint my finger nails
54. Krispy Kreme doughnuts make me extremely happy
55. I don't like pizza. I got really bad food poisoning from sausage pizza in high school--saved me tons of $$ in college!
56. This list is starting out very food oriented. I like food.
57. I type really fast
58. I never took a formal typing class--do they even offer those anymore?
59. My feet are always cold. Really, it can be 95 degrees, and they still feel cool to the touch. Not that you want to touch my feet...
60. I use the word "lovely" too much
61. I wear silver and white gold-not a fan of yellow gold
62. I like chili with no beans
63. If I eat a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, it HAS to be cold
64. My favorite candy bar is a Milky Way
65. Ok, seriously this won't be all about food
66. Our lab knows exactly when it's time to eat--it's a bit creepy actually
67. I can crochet, but not knit. I've tried to learn 3 times, and each time it's been a disaster...I need a good teacher!
68. I already have my 2nd tattoo picked out, just not the location of where it will go
69. This number always makes me blush and giggle
70. When I hold a pen/pencil, it rests on my ring finger, not my middle. Im told this is rare. Anyone else hold it this way?
71. When I write, I can make the paper curl--I press really hard
72. I went through college in the AIM era--I would spend hours just checking people's "Away Status"
73. I love living where I get to experience all 4 seasons
74. I hate vomiting. Not that anyone enjoys it, just stating a fact.
75. I remember getting finger-printed for a child's safety kit when I was 5--I thought I'd be moving into "that place with bars"
76. I'm pretty much addicted to People.com. I gave it up for Lent one year--incredibly difficult to hold out.
77. I hate ALL Clearblue Easy commercials
78. College basketball is my favorite sport
79. I get freaked out when Mook rubs his eyes--they sound like a squeaky wheel
80. Growing up, I had a huge crush on my next door neighbor, who is about 6 years older than me. When my boyfriend broke up with me right before the high school Christmas dance, my neighbor offered to take me--we had the BEST time.
81. I think CSI Miami is one of the worst written shows on TV, but I watch it every time I see its on. Why does Horatio always stand with his side facing whoever he's talking to?
82. I'm debating on whether to grow out my hair or cut it short again
83. Twizzlers used to be my movie theater preferred candy. Then I heard they had horse hooves in them. I don't eat twizzlers anymore.
84. I really enjoy looking into my family genealogy
85. Our lab snores louder than an 80 year old man
86. I make my hot chocolate with warm milk and chocolate sauce (and of course topped with mini marshmallows). Mook thinks this is strange. Does everyone else just use the mix packets?
87. I only had 2 wisdom teeth: both got removed in college
88. My doctor's name was Dr. Pinch
89. I woke up out of the anesthesia singing nursery rhymes and got mad at the nurse for throwing my teeth away
90. I find it very amusing that Mook can sit down and watch infomercials for hooouuuurrrsssss...
91. I really wish I could have seen Ella Fitzgerald in concert
92. On Christmas day, if it is sunny out, the window blinds MUST remain closed. To me, it just needs to be cloudy/rainy/snowing on Christmas, and this way we can all pretend if its not! My whole family does this each year=)
93. I'm a side sleeper
94. In 1st grade, I made people call me by my middle name for a week
95. The first time I visited NYC I couldnt take the subway--they were on strike
96. I read anything James Patterson writes
97. I don't like wrapping gifts: Mook takes care of that in our household-and he's damn good
98. I really wish I was better at solving crossword puzzles. The only ones I can complete are in People magazine
99. I prefer blue ink pens over black ink pens
100. Mook's 30th Birthday is Sunday! Send him a birthday smile! (he's mad I'm including that its the big 3-0...mwwaahahaha)