I definitely want to document each day Im here (if possible) to keep tabs on everything that is going on:
Day 2 (1/18):
- Mook's birthday! Poor thing--I know he didn't want to be anywhere else, but it was still crummy that he had to spend the day on a couch keeping tabs on me. He's the best nurse I have! He brought his gifts to the hospital, so I was so happy to see the smiles on his face--his favorite gift was the Diaper Dude!
- NICU head-doctor came down at 8am to explain all about the Level II (there is also a Level III here) NICU Ron would be in if he comes in the next 2 weeks--very informative, and made me feel really at ease--said obviously lungs are a factor but not a high one--most would be not being able to regulate his body temperature and feeding issues--most likely he'd need a tube at first.
- The early morning hours brought contractions about 3 minutes apart--quickly put back on procardia.
- Got my second shot to help mature his lungs
- Spent a lot of time on the monitors-have to admit, it's quite entertaining to watch the nurses try and find him--he hates the monitor, and does a realllly good job of hiding. It scares me at times, but I do feel him "running away"
- Had another u/s--got to see him practice breathing and playing with his toes! He's still looking good--its just getting cramped with him hitting the placenta and irritating my cervix
- Hospital beds suuuuck. My back and butt are not built to hold a low lying Ron! I can't sit/lay/stand for a long time in any position--I honestly feel like my tailbone is breaking--heating pad and tylenol is all I get. But ya know what, I still wouldn't trade it.
- They feed me like Im 82 years old. I get food pretty much every 2 1/2 hours--and the meals are always served super early--dinner is promptly at 4:30pm. Food is not that bad!
- Had some spotting late in the day--bright red, then brown
- My OB came by just to see me--I love that man. He didn't have too much to change--just said we'd keep an eye on things
- Was able to sleep better--Ambien is my friiiend
Day 3 (1/19):
- Maaajor contractions this morning--about 2 minutes apart and more back pain--my OB was actually here in surgery, so he was able to get over to my room relatively fast. Im officially on procardia every 6 hours.
- His initial thoughts were to give me the amnio no later than Wednesday this week (34 weeks exactly) and if all was good, I'd have Ron this weekend!
- Well, he changed his mind--he said he wants to keep taking it day by day. He said there is a 50/50 chance that his lungs are mature, so he's not quite ready to run the test--however, it really is day to day--esp since Im still having some spotting. He obviously does not want me to get to the point where I hemorrhage.
- I will not go past February 4th-so we've got 15 days to play with. It seems SO long away, yet so close--especially since it really could be any day.
- Took a shower--felt SO good.
- Trying my best to get to emails/blogs--my butt is not cooperating!
- Watching The Bachelor and waiting for the snow-we are supposed to get 1-3 inches--I'd LOVE to see it--so peaceful
- Bedtime snack just came...gonna go eat... again=)