Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wordless Wednesday: Chairs


I guess I won't be too wordless today, but I'll keep it short and sweet.

I took this on a rainy day last month--and those rainy days have been few and far between this summer. But the reason I really like this shot, are the chairs that are in the soft focus.

Those are the chairs on our back patio that Mook and I plant our rears in when the lightening bugs start their summer dance.

So in an emo-artsy sorta way, the rain on the window makes me think of tears--since Mook and I haven't had many opportunities to just sit and be this year, especially this summer. I've seen him a total of 8 days this month.

I'm incredibly thankful for his job--just hoping that things calm down soon so we can plant our rears in those chairs, roast marshmallows and watch Oman chase the lightening bugs.

7 comments:

  1. Only 8 days. Man that stinks!

    Hope you both get to plant your rears in those chairs together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even begin to imagine how rough that is on all of you. I hope you guys get some good down time in, soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JJ, I so hope that you can enjoy the outdoors, marshmallows, and lightning bugs real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen my husband but his late nights have become normal. So I somewhat understand. I yearn for your last line. Such beautiful imagery to go with a beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of time that you guys need to make up! Hope you get some good quality time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is a gorgeous picture..and I hope that you get to sit in that chair with Mook very very soon.

    Ahhhh, love that pic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the same thing for you guys. Lots of sitting in the back yard doing nothing but yelling "don't touch that O-man" and enjoying the stars.

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing like a good pair of jeans; they shape us, support us and make us look our best. I'd love for you to share your jeans with me!