As you can tell, your mom isn't always on time. I wouldn't call it procrastinating...especially when it comes to you-I definitely enjoy nuzzling your sweet neck more than sitting at the computer. But I promised you I would write these--and since Im still way behind on your baby book, I need to keep something updated!
To realize that you are already 3 months old, is very hard for your dad and I to believe. The time seemed to crawl as we waited for you to come into this world, and now 24 hours goes by in the blink of an eye. Time needs to slow down...
But we also love each new day with you-it's almost as if you grow in the crib overnight! I can come in to get you some mornings, and swear you have grown 2 inches--and your face seems more defined.
And speaking of overnight: you have been sleeping through the night for 6 weeks now--you just started it one night, and have kept it up ever since. Your dad and I have one thing to say: THANK YOU! We definitely don't take this for granted, and know it could change at any moment--but the sleep all 3 of us have been able to get, have made us all a bit more cheery!
Your personality is really starting to shine through! The first smiles melted my heart-and now that you have started to giggle, I could just cry with delight every time. You really study us--your eyes scan over our faces and it makes me feel so warm when you hear my voice and turn to see me.
Here are some notable events for month 2 & 3:
- We had a big snowstorm--I tried to have you hold a mini-snow ball, but you weren't a fan
- Attended your first ACC Tourney Party-of course you had to wear items from your mom and dad's favorite teams. Sadly, neither of them won. We think you'll end up liking an entirely different team all together!
- You look very serious a lot of the time-like you are already trying to solve the economic crisis. I think you have figured it out, but unfortunately you have no way to communicate this.
- We went and visited with the RE who helped make you a reality, and the nurse that was so good to me during my hospital stay
- You got to celebrate your first Easter-the Bunny was good to you!
- You REALLY like waving your right hand. Conductor, maybe? President, maybe?
We are approaching some special anniversaries/milestones. This time last year, your dad and I were getting ready to start the IVF process again--the one that gave us you--I look forward to explaining the whole process to you one day.
Each day is a gift with you. I hope that if you ever have a bad day, or feel down, that you can look back on these posts and know how much you are loved.