I don't plan on running for the oval office anytime soon, but I'm just letting you all know I definitely won't be listed on the ballot for my local mom's group.
I hosted a play-date today for the mom's group I've been a member of since late last year. I've only been able to do a few events here and there due to: a) a lot of the events are during nap time, b) I cannot attend due to all Mook's travel, and c) I still just don't feel 100% comfortable being in a Mommy group. I feel like an outsider. I almost didn't go back after the first group event, where I took part in a conversation where another mom said, "...and I went off BC half way through my cycle, and I still got pregnant! I am sick of being pregnant!"
But, I give anything a second chance. And then I even gave it a third and fourth try. I don't like giving up, but....I give up. There were 8 toddlers and 6 Mom's in my living room this morning. Let me give you a run down of what happened:
- A majority of the mom's did not watch their kids once they stepped through my door. I don't expect you to hover over your child, but let's keep them from climbing onto my kitchen counter, shall we?
- There were 3 moms that whispered to each other almost the entire time. Like, hold your-hand-up-to-cover-your-mouth kind of whisper. We are not in middle school. And, how rude.
- Discipline your child. That is all.
- Do not watch your child mash a goldfish into my carpet and then walk away.
- Most of the conversations were about how much money their husband's make, and when everyone is planning on popping out their next kid.
So in honor of my crazy morning, today's wine for the Virtual Wine Club is something that is "far out". Mook brought this wine home after one of his business trips this year, and I am head-over-heals in love with Cosmic Charisma from Long Trout Winery.
|"You may have a couple of good points, but this beauty has charisma. It's like a circus in your mouth,|
watch out for the midget clowns! It's cosmically delicious."
Got your glass ready?
Cheers to kicking the bratty kids and crazy momma's to the curb. Can all of YOU move closer so we can have awesome play-dates all the time? Ok, thanks.