Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Not something I wanted to share

Every time I get a cold, it turns into a sinus infection. Bet your bottom dollar.

It's a real big pain in the rear. Apparently, small/constricted sinuses (sinus-i?...what is the plural of sinus?) is something you can share, and I may have shared it with Oman. So far, all of his run-of-the-mill colds have turned south as well.

The past two days have been full of two big S words (no not that S word): snot and screaming. And honestly, the snot has been constant for 3 weeks. One of the toughest things I have dealt with since becoming a mom is not over-reacting every time he's got a runny nose, or coughs. But today, I felt like I was about to do a bit of screaming myself and use that S word...so I knew it was time to head to the pediatrician.

Poor fella' has, you guessed it, a sinus infection. Lots of apple juice, tissues and TLC around here tonight.

Mommy's apple juice is a bit different...please enjoy a glass of Killibinbin's Shiraz tonight for our Virtual Wine Club. The wine label says it all. Being a Mom is a job I've always, always wanted. It's also the toughest job I've ever had.


The mild vintage conditions have resulted in a wine with a tight, powerful structure



Cheers!

8 comments:

  1. OMG we need to live closer together on days like this. Just imagine how much easier it is to deal with a snotty sick kid when you are with a BFF who is doing the exact same thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you and Oman recover soon :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. please sahre some og this wine with me... Lyla and I have the same problem...I hope you guys feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear both you and the Oman are dealing with this. Hope you are both on the mend soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. L and I have the EXACT same issue. We get allergies at the same time every seasonal change and they turn in to yellow or green snot with drainage for at least a period of 2-3 weeks. WITHOUT FAIL. We just recovered from the last round... praying for a speedy recovery for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :( hope you are all feeling better soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today was Day 7 of Nose Running Like a Faucet. Everyday I wake up and pray that the snot will have stopped and everyday - nope. More snot.

    I hope you are both feeling better (and tissue free!) soon.

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing like a good pair of jeans; they shape us, support us and make us look our best. I'd love for you to share your jeans with me!